About The Office Episode “Pilot”
The Pilot episode of The Office or simply referred to as just “Pilot” originally aired back on March 24th, 2005. It was directed by Ken Kwapis, developed for TV by Greg Daniels, and written by Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, and Greg Daniels.
This episode of The Office stars:
- Steve Carell as Michael Scott
- Rainn Wilson as Dwight Schrute
- John Krasinski as Jim Halpert
- Jenna Fischer as Pam Beesly
- B.J. Novak as Ryan Howard
- Melora Hardin as Jan Levinson-Gould
- David Denman as Roy Anderson
- Leslie David Baker as Stanley Hudson
- Brian Baumgartner as Kevin Malone
- Angela Kinsey as Angela Martin
- Oscar Nunez as Oscar Martinez
- Phyllis Smith as Phyllis Lapin
- Randall Barnwell as Madsen
- Creed Bratton as Creed Bratton
- Toby Huss as Todd Packer
“Pilot” is the first episode of The Office and introduces us to the Manager of the Dunder-Mifflin Scranton Branch, Michael Scott, and his employees. It’s filmed as a documentary about what goes on in the workplace. Specifically, the interpersonal relationships and conflicts of the office workers. We find out that Michael Scott is an absolute nightmare boss to deal with when he leaks that there’s a downsizing and that senior management is on their way to let some people go.
Best Quotes from the Office Episode, “Pilot”
1. “This is our receptionist, Pam. If you think she’s cute now, you should have seen her a couple years ago.” – Michael Scott
2. Jim Halpert: If I left, what would I do with all this useless information in my head? You know? Tonnage price of manila folders? Um, Pam’s favorite flavor of yogurt? Which is mixed berry.
Pam Beesly: Jim said mixed berries? Oh wow… Yeah, he’s on to me.
3. “What is the most important thing for a company? Is it the cash flow? Is it the inventory? Nuh-uh. It’s the people. The people. My proudest moment here was not when I increased profits by 17% or when I cut expenses without losing a single employee. No, no, no, no, no. It was a young Guatemalan guy. First job in the country, barely spoke English. He came to me, and said, “Mr. Scott, would you be the godfather of my child?” Wow. Wow. Didn’t work out. We had to let him go. He sucked.” – Michael Scott
4. “I guess the atmosphere that I’ve tried to create here is that I’m a friend first and a boss second, and probably an entertainer third.” – Michael Scott
5. Dwight Schrute: You can’t do that.
Jim Halpert: Why not?
Dwight Schrute: Safety violation. I could fall and pierce an organ.
Jim Halpert: We’ll see.
6. “Downsizing? I have no problem with that. I have been recommending downsizing since I first got here. I even brought it up in my interview. I say, bring it on.” – Dwight Schrute
7. “You’ve been X’d, punk!” – Michael Scott
8. “…it’s really beyond words. It’s really incalculable.” – Michael Scott
9. Angela: I think it’s going to be me… It’ll probably be me…
Kevin: Yeah, it’ll be you.
10. “It’s okay here, uh, but people sometimes take advantage, because it’s so relaxed. And, I’m a volunteer sheriff’s deputy on the weekends, and you cannot screw around there. It’s sort of one of the rules.” – Dwight Schrute
11. “You should have put him in custardy.” – Ryan Howard
12. Michael Scott: Jim, now is the time to stop putting Dwight’s personal effects into Jell-O.
Jim Halpert: Okay, Dwight, I’m sorry because I have always been your biggest flan.
13. “Does the carpet match the drapes?” – Todd Packer
14. “People I respect, heroes of mine would be… Bob Hope. Um… Abraham Lincoln. Definitely. Bono. Uh, and probably God… would be the fourth one. And I just think all those people really helped the world in so many ways that it’s, um… it’s really beyond words.” – Michael Scott
15. Jan: Don’t Panic.
Michael: Uh, this is excellent. Although, alarm bells are kind of going “Ringy Dingy Dingy!”
16. “Corporate really doesn’t interfere with me at all. Um, Jan Levinson-Gould. I call her Hillary Rodham Clinton, right? Not to her face, because, uh…well not because I’m scared of her. Because I’m not. But, um, yeah.” – Michael Scott
17. “My job is to speak to clients, um, on the phone about, uh, quantities and, uh, type of copier paper. You know, uh, whether we can supply it to them, whether they can, uh, pay for it. And, um… I’m boring myself just talking about this.” – Jim Halpert
18. “Pam, this is from corporate. How many times have I told you that there is a special filing cabinet for things from corporate? Called the waste paper basket!” – Michael Scott
What did you think of these The Office quotes from the episode “Pilot”?
Did we miss any of your favorite quotes from the first episode of The Office? Let us know on social media.