Getting Restaraunt Quality Pizza At Home
Making pizza at home is a very fun activity, especially with friends and family. However, it can be difficult to get your pie to be of pizza shop quality.
You are in luck! After many years of trying to make restaurant-quality pizza at home, I think I may have just cracked the case. I didn’t even need to get one of those fancy pellet pizza ovens.
Here are our best tips for making pizza at home. If you have any awesome tips that we missed, let us know on social media!
Best Tips For Making Homemade Pizza
- Even if you are using store-bought dough, make sure you give it enough time to get to room temperature and loosen up. This makes the dough easier to stretch and the crust fluffier.
- If you are using a conventional oven, turn it up as high as it can go. One big issue with homemade pizza is that home ovens can’t get as hot as a pizza oven. Crank that baby up to get better results.
- Try experimenting with different cooking trays, such as pizza stones, cookie sheets, and cast-iron pans. Each one will give you a different crust style.
- Don’t get cheap ingredients. I once bought shredded cheese so cheap that the strands didn’t even melt. Good ingredients lead to better results.
- Use olive oil to keep the dough from sticking to pans while it is cooking.
- Don’t put too much sauce, cheese, and toppings on the pizza. While double toppings is great, you could compromise the integrity of the crust in the process.
- Watch Binging With Babish’s tutorial on pan pizza. This video single-handedly tripled my homemade pizza skills.
- Be creative! This is your pizza. You can get regular pizza any day of the week. Make this pie your own.
- Experiment with different kinds of dough. There are a lot of methods and ingredients for different pizza doughs. You may just find your new favorite.
- Doctor up your sauce if you are using cheap sauce. Throw in some basil, oregano, crushed red peppers, and garlic to boost the flavor.
What Are Your Best Tips For Making Homemade Pizza?
We hope you enjoyed this list of our favorite tips for making pizza at home. Did we miss any crucial tips? Let us know on social media!